Lasting from 45 minutes to 1½ hours, individual interviews can be conducted in facilities, by phone, or via webcam. We recommend this method for communications testing, usability work or other situations in which individual feedback provides a “cleaner read.”
- Obtain unaided feedback without “groupthink”
- IDIs yield more candid feedback than research conducted in groups when sensitive topics are being explored
- Preferred method for physicians
- Uncover the vocabulary patients use to talk about insulin dosing to design a resonant patient communication
- Understand and enhance the onboarding experience among T2 patients who have just begun using a new insulin delivery device
- Conduct webcam interviews with people with diabetes to obtain their reactions to a new brochure for a medical device.