Marketing Consultant Role at dQ&A Market Research Inc.
dQ&A is looking for a part-time marketing consultant to help us expand our customer base and assist with other marketing tasks.
This role will be ideal for someone who:
- Wants to do impactful work at the intersection of B2B marketing and public health.
- Wants a meaningful, important role, but with flexibility and remote working.
- Is interested in joining a close-knit team of highly motivated and high-performing individuals.
- Is motivated to drive positive change in the diabetes community.
dQ&A translates the real-life experiences and perspectives of people with diabetes and healthcare providers into insights that are used to develop better diabetes products and services. We answer our clients’ business questions by leveraging the full range of qualitative and quantitative market research techniques. We work with patients and healthcare providers in the United States, Canada, and Europe.
Our clients include:
- Global pharma and medical device companies
- Research organizations and patient organizations
- Technology companies
- Innovators in medical technology and drug development
- Small start-ups with big ideas
Our new Marketing Consultant will be an experienced independent contractor, who has the breadth of knowledge to quickly jump in to support our marketing team across a broad range of activities. This is a part time role with flexible hours and remote working – we can fit the parameters to your needs and lifestyle. The work will cover most aspects of B2B marketing. Because it’s a small company, everyone works at every level – from the tiniest routine tasks to the broad strategic thinking. We expect that after the initial learning curve, you would be able to conduct most of the work independently. Even though this is a contractor position, you would be fully integrated into our marketing team.
Responsibilities include working on a project basis to assist the team. Projects are likely to be conducted in the following areas:
- Website: strategy, major revisions, regular enhancements, copywriting, posting content, SEO, inbound marketing
- Outbound marketing: designing and executing campaigns, lists, managing leads, analytics and learning, coordinating with sales team
- Product marketing: brochures, collateral, other sales materials
- Marketing strategy: messaging and positioning, branding
What it will take to shine in this role
- At least five years of experience in B2B marketing on a high quality marketing team, agency, or consultancy
- Genuine passion for doing marketing really well; a nerdy understanding of brand discipline and marketing fundamentals
- Experienced in marketing analytics, A/B testing, and learning from data
- Basic graphic design skills and able to work productively with designers
- Excellent, versatile copywriting skills; you understand the ‘how’ and the ‘why’ of compelling B2B copy
- Familiar with lead generation techniques, processes, and metrics
- Proficient in Mailchimp and WordPress (or similar marketing tools)
- A flexible worker with quick turnaround
- Understanding of diabetes from a patient perspective is a plus, but not required
Our story and culture
dQ&A was founded in 2009 by Richard Wood and Kelly Close. Richard previously worked as an executive at Nielsen. Kelly is a leading advocate for people with diabetes, and an authority on the diabetes industry. Their vision was to amplify patient voices, using rigorous and cutting-edge research techniques. Richard and Kelly both believed in “patient power,” and knew they needed to hear from a wide range of people to reflect the diversity of diabetes and cardio-metabolic disease. The dQ&A community has grown to cover nine countries and many thousands of people: an unmatched source of honest and authentic research responses and insights.
Our team is amazing, positive, smart, talented, and hard-working. We are spread out across the country, yet highly connected and collaborative. Cohesion and energy is at the heart of our culture. Many of our team members have personal connections to type 1 or type 2 diabetes, others have brought their skills from consumer or business research and applied them to our work.
If you think this role, our mission, and our culture are a good fit for you, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Cover letter answering these questions:
- Why would you be a good fit for this position?
- Why should we work together?
- Why are you drawn to work for a company focused in diabetes?
Please use the subject line “Marketing Consultant.”
Thank you for your interest in this role! We look forward to hearing from you.