Syndicated Research Lead Role at dQ&A Market Research Inc.
dQ&A is seeking an exceptional researcher and manager to join our team: a highly experienced individual with deep market research knowledge across consumer and healthcare categories. In this role, you will lead our syndicated research services in North America and Europe, managing a great team of analysts; and you will work with company leadership to create and launch new data-driven research services.
This role will be ideal for someone who:
- Wants to do impactful work at the intersection of consumer research and public health.
- Wants a meaningful, important role, but with flexibility and remote working.
- Is interested in joining a close-knit team of highly motivated and high-performing individuals.
- Is motivated to innovate and create in a sector that is changing fast and believes in the power of research and insights to drive positive change.
Why is this role important?
In this role you will steer organizations towards contributing to a better and more equitable quality of life for millions of people seeking better health options.
Our work focuses on what happens outside the doctor’s office: the daily reality of life and health management. We represent the authentic voice of individuals to major pharmaceutical and medical technology companies; digital health companies; consumer product companies breaking new ground with health-positive products; patient and advocacy organizations; and brand-new start-ups. We help them understand the new health consumer landscape, gauge their performance, build empathy, measure outcomes, evaluate concepts, shape new products and services, and make smarter business decisions. At the core of our work is a large, highly-engaged and responsive community of people who have committed to an ongoing conversation with us about their health experiences, needs and preferences.
What it will take to shine in this role
- You’re ready to use your consumer research skills and experience to make a significant difference to people’s health and quality of life.
- You want to lead and inspire a talented and enthusiastic research team.
- You have deep experience of quantitative research. You’re great at designing effective research instruments and questions. You’re comfortable with the complexities and challenges of large-scale quant data analysis. You love developing data-driven stories and insights, and you’re very effective at communicating research results.
- You are a highly capable self-manager who is highly effective at communicating and collaborating remotely. You enjoy inspiring and guiding younger team members.
- You relish the challenges of working across cultures: international work experience and/or fluency in more than one language is a plus, but not essential.
Our story and culture
dQ&A was founded in 2009 by Richard Wood and Kelly Close. Richard previously worked as an executive at Nielsen. Kelly is a leading advocate for people with diabetes, and an authority on the diabetes industry. Their vision was to amplify patient voices, using rigorous and cutting-edge research techniques. Richard and Kelly both believed in “patient power,” and knew they needed to hear from a wide range of people to reflect the diversity of diabetes and cardio-metabolic disease. The dQ&A community has grown to cover nine countries and many thousands of people: an unmatched source of honest and authentic research responses and insights.
Our team is amazing, positive, smart, talented, and hard-working. We are spread out across the country, yet highly connected and collaborative. Cohesion and energy is at the heart of our culture. Many of our team members have personal connections to type 1 or type 2 diabetes, others have brought their skills from consumer or business research and applied them to our work.
- This is a full-time employment position with great health and 401k benefits, a competitive base salary and a generous performance-related reward structure.
- Remote working is welcome. About half the current team is based in San Francisco, but you don’t have to be. We’d love to add a new team member from the East Coast or Midwest.
- The role will eventually involve travel to client companies, to conferences, and occasionally to our offices in San Francisco. Some travel may be international.
If you think this role, our mission, and our culture are a good fit for you, write and tell us why. Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Your cover letter should also describe your experience with research and analytical methods and tools. Please use the subject line “Syndicated Research Lead.”
dQ&A is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks an increasingly multicultural workforce.